Where I blog about fiber arts, literature, and life...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ode to PLU's deplorable parking

My Bout-Rimés (Pre-Raphealite poetry game) Italian Sonnet for English 452.

Rules: The last word of every line was chosen for me. 14 lines, 10 syllables each. Italian or English rhyme scheme.


A day in the life of a commuter student

Some things are frustrating and make me blue
And there’s a place with colors black and gold
Whose lack of parking spaces soon gets old.
Driving round and round is kind of fun, it’s true,
But I’d rather not spend my day this way.
It’s not too bad in morning at first light,
Or even if I get here late at night,
But often it seems really rather gray.

So from my distant parking space I tread.
My commute would be much faster could I fly.
If I’m lucky I can park in the shade.
And even though I’m feeling angry, red,
And I’m driving in circles crying, “WHY?!”
Once I find a parking space it does fade.

:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment